How To Secure Sponsors For An Event : 9 Steps
- Be passionate about your event – without passion, you will not make it through steps 2-9.
- Understand how sponsorship works – fundamental, yet the most essential step to effectively communicate with brands and sponsors.
- Define your event purpose, expected outcome, and audience – this will help you target the right sponsors.
- List companies that will benefit from your event – add brands, individuals, and the companies competitors to your list.
- Research, find out what sponsors needs are – know how your event will help sponsors achieve their goals and objectives.
- Have your sponsorship proposal ready – keep your proposal concise and focus.
- Contact sponsors – ask to speak with the person who oversees sponsorship.
- Submit your sponsorship proposal – have your sponsorship proposal ready before contacting sponsors.
- Follow up – make time to follow up or you’ll miss out on closing the sponsorship deal.
Sponsors fund your event expenses up to 100 %. Global sponsorship spending from 2007 to 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars) Learn More…
Finding the right sponsorship partner can increase your audience experience plus make your event look professional.
How To Secure Sponsors Successfully, Third Edition is a book that teaches you how to get companies and brands to sponsor your event. You’ll learn what sponsorship is, how to communicate with sponsors, evaluate the sponsorship success, and sell your event to sponsors.
Want to be notified when How To Secure Sponsors Successfully, Third Edition Revised releases?
Please provide your email address here to receive notification.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 7 Misconceptions About Sponsorship To Get Rid Of (New!)
- About Event Sponsorship (Updated!)
- How Sponsorship Saves Money On Events
- How Sponsorship Increases Event Profit
BUILD RELATIONSHIPS WITH SPONSORS
- Common Terms You Should Know
- When To Contact Sponsors (New!)
VIGILANCE METRIC FOR EVALUATING SPONSORSHIP SUCCESS
- VMFESS (New!)
ESTABLISH WIN-WIN PARTNERSHIPS
- Create Your Sponsorship Fee (Updated!)
- Benefits Sponsors Look For
- Target The Right Sponsors
- Where To Find Sponsors (Updated!)
- Sponsorship Categories For Proposal (Updated!)
- What To Include In Your Event Sponsorship Letter
- Examples of Sponsorship Proposals (New!)
- 15-Second Pitch To Gate Keeper
- What To Do After You Secured Sponsors
RECOMMENDATION & ADVICE
BONUS BOOK INCLUDED!
Step-By-Step Guide To Planning A Sponsored-Event
Format: Print – Page Total: – Language: English – Cover: Hard – Size: 6×9 – Genre: Business
EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER: HOW SPONSORSHIP SAVES MONEY ON EVENTS
Let’s say the cost of your event is $40,000. Without sponsorship, you will have to use your own money to fund your event. With sponsorship, your sponsor will fund your event.
FOR BEGINNERS & EXPRIENCED
This book is helpful if this is your time securing sponsors or you’re looking to get better sponsorship results.
How To Secure Sponsors Successfully shares obstacles you might face, what they mean, and how to overcome them.
REVIEWS FROM EDITION 1 & 2 OF HOW TO SECURE SPONSORS SUCCESSFULLY
I just want to say that your book is very helpful…I’ve read it and I feel more confident in obtaining sponsors…Thank you! James E. Graham, Sports & Entertainment Consultant
I think you are very articulate and you KNOW YOUR STUFF. Sandra Kay Helsel, Ph.D, Realtor, CA
After reading this book I gained a better and clear understanding of what it takes to secure sponsorship for my event. The step by step easy to follow format explains the relation between you and the sponsor and the advantages of securing a sponsor, a win win situation for both parties. Great book. Yves. J. Jacques, Film/Video A.S.C
I‘m a creative artist in the area of multimedia. I’ve been looking for ways to take my creativity and business to the next level. A good friend of mine referred me to this book on securing sponsors successfully. My first thought was what am I going to do with sponsors? My next thought was if even one idea helps it’s worth it. I checked it out and I’m so glad I did! I found out I was literally leaving money on the table. The no nonsense cut to the chase style made for easy digesting and a quick read. Here’s to a very useful tool in my belt to build my business! Ernest Williams, CEO Gennin Media
Great Book! Woodrow Allbright
The book was very helpful, and showed of Roberta’s knowledge of how to get sponsorship. This book will help others to get sponsorship for their events. I am so happy that I received this book and glad that with the information I will easily create productive sponsorships for my events. Terri L Clay, Inspirational Speaker