It’s sad to read sponsorship proposals that are about I, I, I and Me Me Me; it troubles my heart. I’m going to share a 5 steps that will shed some light on how to get sponsors for events.
5 steps to get corporate sponsorships
1. Understand the fundamentals of sponsorship – it’s not a donation or an all about me approach.
2. Determine and know your event value.
3. Evaluate the sponsorship success. VMFESS a metric that evaluates the sponsorship success has been added in How To Secure Sponsors Successfully, Third Edition Revised – Funding For Events.
4. Build trust; know the sponsor goal, objective, standard, problem, etc. and see if your event can genuinely add value.
5. Listen; know what sponsors and sponsorship agencies are sharing.
Share your thoughts!
Roberta Vigilance is the CEO of Vigilance Style & Grace, Event Sponsorship Education & Consulting Company and teaches sponsorship seekers how to secure sponsors for events. You can learn more about Roberta and what she offers by visiting her Online, on Facebook, on LinkedIn, or Twitter or order her book How To Secure Sponsors, Successfully Third Edition.